Today is the 4th of July, also known as Independence Day here in the United States of America.
Now, we did tell you previously that WGN America was going to be showing a marathon of Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing comedy. However, their schedule has changed and they will now be showing a marathon of JAG starting at 8 a.m. that day.
With that said, here are the shows and movies that we will be recommending for the 4th of July.
- MASH: It is by far one of the most American sitcoms of all-time and is one of the most popular shows of all-time as well. All 11 seasons of the series can be streamed on Hulu.
- Last Man Standing: Although WGN America is not showing it that day, it is one of the most pro-America shows on TV right now. Best of all, all seven seasons of the series can be found on Hulu.
- Seinfeld: Hulu has set up a new shuffle button for the show’s 30th anniversary. All nine seasons of the show are on Hulu too.
- The Ranch: This show has been known to be a great representation of the midwest and southern America, and today would be the perfect day to binge-watch the series. The entire series can be found on Netflix.
- The Waltons: Want to watch a show that was during a sad part of America’s history, but because of their perseverance and keeping the American Dream alive, they were able to survive. All nine seasons are available and remastered in HD on Prime
- Jericho: Looking for something a little different but shorter than some TV shows. It is about a town that goes through a post-apocalyptic time. Food and resources are scarce, but it shows how people can get through tough times together no matter what happens. The series can be found in its entirety on Netflix and CBS All Access.
- MASH: Yes, there was a movie before the TV show came out. The movie itself can be streamed on Starz. It can be rented on iTunes for $3.99.
- National Treasure: Because who would not want to watch Nicholas Cage on
Independence Day? The movie can be streamed on Netflix too!
- A Few Good Men: This one will probably go down as one of the greatest movies of the 1980s. It can only be purchased on iTunes for $9.99 with no streaming options at the moment.
- Top Gun: Available to stream on FuboTV on-demand. It can be rented on iTunes for $3.99.
- Captain America movies: There are three Captain America movies as a whole, but the one that has the best and most available streaming options is Captain America: The First Avenger and is available to stream via FXNow, which you can sign up for a free trial of through iTunes.
- Gran Torino: If you’re looking to watch a Clint Eastwood movie, this is a great one and will not disappoint you! The movie is available to stream on Netflix as well.