It is to my understanding that some of you when went to school this week. Whether that is for K-12 or college, or someone who has simply ended the week at their job for the workweek. Here are this week’s streaming picks from us here at Appleosophy.
- Young Sheldon: We’re a little over a month away until the third season of the show premieres on CBS next month. It is a spin-off of The Big Bang Theory, which ironically ended this past May.Young Sheldon‘s first couple of seasons are available on CBS All Access and on iTunes too (must purchase on iTunes). However, if you are looking to stream season one through CBS All Access, you’ll only be able to do it through CBS All Access on Apple TV Channels.
- Seinfeld: It will likely go down as one of the best TV comedies in NBC history. All nine seasons of the series can be streamed on Hulu.
- Silicon Valley: In celebration of the show announcing its sixth and final season teaser trailer today, it is going to make it into our streaming picks for the week. You can stream the previous five seasons of the show can be streamed on HBO GO and HBO NOW.
- Indignation: For what will probably go down as one of Logan Lerman’s best films, this one is based on Philip Roth’s novel. The only bad part is that the movie is not available on any streaming services at this time, but can be rented on iTunes for $3.99.
- Stuck in Love: This is a great movie for those who sort of like chick-flicks. It is a story about a family of writers, where the young kids are falling in love for the first time. I’ve watched the movie personally several dozen times and it is honestly one of my favorites. The movie can currently be streamed on Prime Video and Sling TV on the RiseFilm channel, and it can be watched from that on-demand.
- The Avengers: Endgame: The film is now available to rent on iTunes for only $4.99, which is a great price to rent such a new movie.
Sports: Note that due to the NFL preseason being here right now and that it is still fairly new, those games will be making the sports streaming picks this week.
- Chicago Bears vs. New York Giants (NFL): The game is being broadcasted tonight at 7 p.m. ET on NFL Network.
- Cleveland Browns vs. Indianapolis Colts (NFL): This game is being broadcasted on Saturday, August 17, at 4 p.m. ET on NFL Network.
- Seattle Seahawks vs. Minnesota Vikings (NFL): You can find this game on Sunday, August 18, at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.
- BONUS: San Francisco 49ers vs. Denver Broncos (NFL): Since there is only one more week two game during next week, I figured I would put it in here as a bonus. This game will be on Monday, August 19, at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.