Halloween is now over and today is the official launch day for the new Apple TV streaming service, Apple TV+. Right there in itself is a cause for celebration and a weekend full of binge-watching, going into the following week too.
With that said, here are this week’s picks:
- Anything and everything on Apple TV+
- The Newsroom: This is a series that aired on HBO for three seasons. With another local election season on the way, it may be good to watch this series, as it does provide for both sides of the political spectrum, as well as show a time when the mainstream media news was not as one-sided as it is today. The Newsroom can be streamed on HBO NOW, HBO GO and Prime Video.
- Jack Ryan (Season 2): The second season of the John Kransinski Amazon TV series is now available to stream on Prime Video
- Christmas in the Heartland: Yes, in the media world, the Christmas and holiday season is here. This Christmas film can be streamed on Hulu.
- Love, Simon: This film is pretty much an LGBT version of The Fault in Our Stars, but instead stars Nick Robinson from Everything, Everything, and Katherine Langford from 13 Reasons Why. Love Simon can be found to stream on Cinemax GO.
- Like Sunday, Like Rain: This is a great indie film and a good one to watch during the fall season. It can be streamed on the Hoopla and Kanopy streaming services.
- #8 Georgia vs. #6 Florida (College Football): This game will be played on Saturday, November 2, 2019, at 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS. Click here to find out how to stream the game.
- Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville (NFL): This game is being played in London and is set to showcase what could be a great AFC South divisional rivalry game. The game is being played on Sunday, November 3, 2019, but due to the fact that it is being played in London, it will be played at 9:30 a.m. ET on NFL Network. Click here to find out how to stream the game.
- AAA Texas 500 (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series): We have not talked about NASCAR in a while, so let’s do it now. This race one of the last three races of the seasons for the 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series season, so it’s a good time to watch the races now since the season will be ending in the next two weeks after this race. This race will be broadcasted on Sunday, November 3, 2019, at 4 p.m. ET on NBCSN.