Believe it or not, today is National Techies Day in the United States and with that comes the perfect reason for tech geeks and nerds out there to watch their favorite tech-related content.
Here are some of the TV shows and movies we’re recommending:
- “Silicon Valley”: This popular tech TV series aired on HBO for six seasons. The entire series can be streamed on HBO Max.
- “Betas”: This is the short-lived TV series that aired a Prime Video original before HBO’s “Silicon Valley” made it to the small screen. The one and only season of this series can be streamed on Prime Video.
- “The IT Crowd”: Perhaps tech support is the type of tech work you do the most? If so, this TV series will be able to satisfy all of the good and bad moments that come with that job. All fives seasons are on Netflix.
- “Halt and Catch Fire”: If you have always wondered what it was like in the 1980s seeing the initial boom of the computers and tech companies, this TV series can be streamed on Netflix.
- “Triumph of the Nerds”: This relic featuring Bill Gates and Steve Jobs is currently available to stream on CuriosityStream.
- “The Social Network”: The beginning of Facebook is a rocky one, but this movie should be able to tell you the story, and if anything, inspire you to create your own startup. It is available to stream on Netflix.
- “Steve Jobs”: If you’re looking to watch a good understanding of the career of Steve Jobs, this is a good movie to check out and is available on Netflix.
- “Jobs”: This Ashton Kutcher Steve Jobs movie is available to stream on Cinemax.
- “Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine”: If you’re not one for blockbuster films and are more of a documentary person, then this should be up your alley. It is available to stream on Hulu.
- “The Internet’s Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz”: It’s not Steve Jobs, but if you are looking to watch a good documentary about someone who went out of their way to protect peoples’ privacy on the internet, you can rent this movie on iTunes for just $3.99.
All of the streaming services mentioned here are available on the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Apple TV and Mac.
Did we miss any? How are you going to celebrate National Techies Day? Let us know on Twitter at @appleosophy.