Apple today announced its Q4-22 earnings which ended on September 24, 2022. The Company posted a September quarter record revenue of $90.1 billion, up 8 percent year over year, and quarterly earnings per diluted share of $1.29, up 4 percent year over year. Annual revenue was $394.3 billion, up 8 percent year over year, and annual earnings per diluted share were $6.11, up 9 percent year over year.
- EPS $1.29 vs. $1.27 est.
- Revenue. $90.15 billion vs. $88.90 billion estimated, up 8.1% year-over-year
- iPhone revenue: $42.63 billion vs. $43.21 billion estimated, up 9.67% year-over-year
- Mac revenue: $11.51 billion vs. $9.36 billion estimated, up 25.39% year-over-year
- iPad revenue: $7.17 billion vs. $7.94 billion estimated, down 13.06% year-over-year
- Other Products revenue: $9.65 billion vs. $9.17 billion estimated, up 9.85% year-over-year
- Services revenue: $19.19 billion vs. $20.10 billion estimated, up 4.98% year-over-year
- Gross margin: 42.3% vs. 42.1% est.
“This quarter’s results reflect Apple’s commitment to our customers, to the pursuit of innovation, and to leaving the world better than we found it,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “As we head into the holiday season with our most powerful lineup ever, we are leading with our values in every action we take and every decision we make. We are deeply committed to protecting the environment, to securing user privacy, to strengthening accessibility, and to creating products and services that can unlock humanity’s full creative potential.”
“Our record September quarter results continue to demonstrate our ability to execute effectively in spite of a challenging and volatile macroeconomic backdrop,” said Luca Maestri, Apple’s CFO. “We continued to invest in our long-term growth plans, generated over $24 billion in operating cash flow, and returned over $29 billion to our shareholders during the quarter. The strength of our ecosystem, unmatched customer loyalty, and record sales spurred our active installed base of devices to a new all-time high. This quarter capped another record-breaking year for Apple, with revenue growing over $28 billion and operating cash flow up $18 billion versus last year.”
Apple’s board of directors has declared a cash dividend of $0.23 per share of the Company’s common stock. The dividend is payable on November 10, 2022, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on November 7, 2022.
During Apple’s Q4-22 conference call, the company forecasted that Mac revenue will decline “substantially” looking into the next quarter.
Apple has also reported that the company has 900 million paid subscribers as Services revenue increases 5% YoY.