Here are the following products that were discontinued as of today:
- iPhone SE: One of the more notable products that was discontinued today was the iPhone SE. This was Apple’s 4-inch smartphone that was released in March 2016. After Apple’s event today, it’s fate was sealed and it was removed from the online Apple Store.
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus: This iPhone was released in September 2015 and was the first iPhone to have 3D Touch, which is essentially a right click for the iPhone.
- iPhone X: A year later after it’s unveiling, the first full-screen iPhone with Face ID is no more from Apple.
- Apple Watch Edition: This is one of the last Apple Watches that came out when the Apple Watch was released in 2015. According to The Verge, the initial Apple Watch Edition was priced at $10,000 and could be modified to cost up to $17,000.
- Product RED iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus: Consumers can still buy the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, just not in the red color. Now the only colors you can get the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus in are silver, black and gold.
It should also be noted that the discontinuation of the iPhone SE and iPhone 6S, those were the last iPhones with the headphone port in them. Currently, the entire iPhone line on Apple’s website no longer have the headphone port.
To find out what happened at the event itself, check out our overview of the event here.