We are about a little over a week until schools start across the country or at least to the point where people begin packing their bags and moving to their college. It’s either that or the last full week for kids on their summer breaks before they have to go back to school the following week.
With that said, we want to make sure that you are watching some of the best TV shows and movies out there, and to make sure that these TV shows and movies could possibly inspire you for the upcoming school year, no matter what grade you are going into.
- iZombie (Season 5): The fifth season of the show is now available to stream in its entirety on Netflix, so stream it up! It has 13 episodes in it too, so that’s the perfect number to get through in a weekend.
- The Big Bang Theory: This is obviously one of America’s favorite sitcoms to watch. It has done very well in syndication/rerun ratings over the years, so needless to say, this is always a good show to watch. Unfortunately, the only way to stream the last season of the show would be through CBS All Access. That will be the only way to stream it until it comes out on DVD, which is not until November 12, 2019. If you are looking to watch the previous seasons, you will have to do so via TBS on live TV streaming services or through the TBS app.
- Supernatural: It is a series that is going into its 15th season this year, which premieres in October 2019. The previous 14 seasons can be streamed on Netflix.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower: This film is great at any time during the year because it goes through all four seasons of the year and various holidays. Still, it is a movie that is great to watch this time of the year. Unfortunately, the only way to really stream it would be through iTunes, where you can rent it for $3.99. If you want something a little more permanent, look for it at stores like Walmart, Target, or Barnes and Noble. They usually have the movie in some sort of bargain bin or section where you can get it for cheap and keep it permanently.
- The Spectacular Now: Again, this is another movie that features school and the school lifestyle in it, as well as some young adult moments too. The movie can be conveniently streamed on Netflix.
- The Edge of Seventeen: Are you someone who is going to be a senior in high school or is just looking for some sort of young adult flick to pass the time over the weekend or next week? Look no further than this film, which can be streamed on Netflix.
- Dallas Cowboys vs San Francisco 49ers (NFL): The NFL preseason is here, with this week being the first full week of games. This game will be played at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, August 10, on NFL Network.
- Consumer Energy 400 (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series): The race will be at the famous Michigan International Speedway. It will begin at 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, August 11, on NBCSN.
- Oakland Raiders vs Arizona Cardinals (NFL): Since the NFL preseason is here, we will be promoting it a little more since it is the most popular sport in America. With that said, you will be able to watch this game on Thursday, August 15, at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN. The cheapest way to stream the game will be through Sling TV on their Sling Orange plan, which costs $25 a month after a free trial.