Streaming TV shows and movies has certainly become the norm in our modern-day society. Not many people are sitting at their TVs waiting for new episodes to air on TV networks like CBS, ABC, FOX or NBC. It’s a streaming world now.
However, it is with that streaming world that I will tell you all which streaming services I have received the most enjoyment from this year.
This list is going from my favorite to my least favorite.
- Hulu: I have been a subscriber of Hulu ever since I was in college. It has allowed me to stream some of my favorite TV shows such as “Last Man Standing” and “How I Met Your Mother.” I’m also excited for some of its original content such as the newest season of “The Animaniacs” reboot and the upcoming “How I Met Your Father” spin-off set to premiere next month.
- Paramount+: I’ve said from day one since Paramount+ (previously CBS All Access, rebranded in March 2021) launched that it was underrated. If you’re a true millennial, you watched a lot of old Nickelodeon TV shows such as “Drake and Josh,” “Spongebob Squarepants,” “iCarly,” “Victorious” and plenty of others. Well, Paramount+ has the entirety of all of those TV shows, plus other old Nickelodeon TV movies as well. We also need to talk about the iCarly reboot that happened this year and other Paramount+ original movies like “PAW Patrol,” “Clifford the Big Red Dog” and the South Park COVID-19 specials that were released at no additional cost to users. Lastly, I love the fact that it is available to subscribe to through Apple TV Channels. I’d still say that it is the most underrated streaming service on the market today.
- HBO Max: This is a great streaming service that has plenty to offer and offered a lot to its users this year. I also like that there is an ad-supported version of the service now. Sure, it’s not for me, but I do know people who certainly would not mind ads if it cuts down on the monthly cost of it. It was also good that it had new Warner Brothers movies in its library because of the ongoing pandemic for ad-free users.I personally really only used it to watch “The Big Bang Theory” and “Doctor Who,” but am looking forward to streaming all of the “Harry Potter” movies for the first time ever, as I only saw the first one as a child.
- Netflix: I’ll admit that I do not use it that much, compared to a lot of other viewers out there. The most I have watched on it is “Seinfeld” and that’s about it. I’m actually a little upset that the streaming service got rid of the Christmas/holiday TV series “Dash & Lily.” Not a good move, in my opinion.
- Disney+: Honestly, the only thing I watched on here was the 2021 “Turner and Hooch” TV series starring Josh Peck and did not finish it because of how much the plots repeat themselves. It was eventually canceled. I know I said it last year, but I believe that 2022 could be my last year with Disney+. I’m wondering how the “Spider-Man” movies will look on it, and the new Stargirl film sequel, as the first one reminded me a lot of “The Perks of Being a Wallflower,” which is my favorite movie of all time.
What are your thoughts on my list of my favorite five streaming services of 2021? Comment below or let us know on Twitter at @appleosophy.