One of the most popular premium weather apps in the App Store is springing into action with a major update this morning.
CARROT Weather has been updated to Version 5.6 and in this new version, it adds new features for the upcoming spring season in the U.S.
Here are the official release notes for Version 5.6:
Spring is finally here, meatbags! To celebrate the triumphant return of allergy season, I’ve got a major update to your favorite weather app all ready to go.
Locations List Forecasts
View forecasts for up to five of your favorite locations on the Locations screen. Just open a location’s details screen to toggle its forecast, and also customize forecast length, display style, and an additional data point. (Premium Ultra required.)
New Layout Sections
Add Solar, Moon, Air Quality, Pollen, or Tide sections to your layouts. (Premium or Premium Ultra required for some sections.)
Tab Bar Customization
Rearrange the order of my tab bar items from the Layout screen. (Special bonus: The first tab bar item becomes the default starting screen on fresh launches of the app, so you can, for example, make me default to opening straight to Maps.)
Wintry Mix Support in Maps
My new maps launched last month with support for just the rain and snow precipitation types, but now you can see wintry mix on the radar and future precipitation map layers.
New Radar Station Product
Use the Correlation Coefficient product to identify hail and tornadic debris in severe storms. (Premium Ultra required.)
But wait, there’s more!
– Added a few new secret locations.
– Redesigned the location details screen.
– Updated design for the Daily Forecast’s horizontal chart style.
– Updated the map legend to show snow and wintry mix in addition to rain.
– Updated the Weather tab’s Maps section and the Apple Watch app’s maps screen to use the new map styles and radar data.
– The sunrise/sunset details screen now tells you when Daylight Saving Time will begin or end.
– Added World Meteorological Organization definitions to the glossary for the different levels of wind speed.
The developer also noted that there will be a major update coming when thunderstorm season becomes more prominent this year.
CARROT Weather currently starts at just $4.99 for its monthly first tier and is available on the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac.